PAL (Protect And Locate)
Item Number: PAL.1
Did a non-profit or public safety agency recommend that you subscribe to the Project Lifesaver PAL Program?
If yes, please provide the non profit or public safety agency's name and address and contact persons name.
Description: A water resistant, splash proof wristwatch incorporating a locator with lockable strap, a portable receiver, a strap release key, a charger base, a USA power adaptor and a quick-start guide (QSG).
- PAL (Protect And Locate), is a digital watch and is designed to be worn on the wrist.
- The watch band has a lock feature which allows the watch to be removed by using the tool provided.
- The caregiver has the option to place a receiver in a fixed location or carry the receiver wherever they go.
- The receiver creates a geo fence with various distance setting options. The receiver notifies the caretaker when the watch moves out of the set area of the receiver signifying a wandering event.
- Within the set proximity, the watch and portable receiver maintain a portable personal emergency reporting system (PERS) solution with the added benefit that if a wandering event occurs the person at risk can be found quickly and conveniently through the use of GSM & GPS technologies.
- A secure customer portal is available on the internet and will be accessible worldwide from any PC or smartphone.
- A wandering event or panic button alert will generate an email alert and/or SMS (text message) giving the date and location of the event.
- The portable receiver will sound an audible alert and the LCD display will flash red indicating that there is an alert.
- When the Geo-fence is breached the caregiver can locate the person at risk through either a request from the internet portal or by texting “wru” to the PAL watch or by putting PAL into tracking mode. The PAL internet portal, which can be accessed eiher by smart phone or computer, will provide regular location updates (2-30 minutes intervals).
- If the “find” button is pushed on the portable receiver, the PAL watch will determine its location and the address will be displayed on the portable receiver.
- If the panic button on PAL is pressed within range of the receiver, the wearers address will be shown on the portable receiver.
- Both of these events will also update the internet portal and alert emails and/or SMS text message will be sent to the authorized caregiver.
To use PAL you need to subscribe to a service plan. The PAL service provider plan costs $46.00 per month.
IT’S EASY TO SUBSCRIBE TO A SERVICE PLAN
You can subscribe to a service plan or update your information online through our simple-to-use secure web portal.
Simply call our telephone registration service to subscribe to a service plan or update your information over the phone.
Activation instructions are packaged with the product.
- Watch dimensions, 1 3/8 x 1 3/8 x 1/2 inches.
- Dot matrix LCD display for time.
- Clock display - 12 hour digital.
- Battery life of 30 days (in proximity), 24-48 hours in GSM standby 5 hours in live track with intervals of 10 minutes.
- Low battery status indicator on internet portal, traffic light battery status. Low battery alert notification's go to caregiver on mobile phone and email.
- Water Resistant - Splash Proof.
- GPRS communication.
- Very low emissions.
- Secured strap with special locking mechanism. Can only be released with a release tool.
- Dermatologic tested to ensure safe wearing.
- Uses precise GPS technology that is accurate to 9 feet.
- Proprietary Cell ID location when no GPS signal is received.
- All interaction with the PAL transmitter is from a mobile phone (SMS) or on a computer through an encrypted locating service.
- Encrypted data sharing to ensure no un-authorised access of location, all requests for location pass through a secured server with recorded history in the caregiver's portal location.
- GENFLEC & CE/ FCC.
PAL Products are warranted against defects in workmanship and materials for a period of thirty (30) days from the
date of shipment provided the PAL Product remains unmodified and is operated under normal and proper conditions.
Term/Termination/Early Termination Fee
The Service Agreement is effective on the day the Service is activated and continues until terminated.
You may terminate Service at any time within the 7 days after the device is activated to avoid future fees.